Mr Mark Hanikeri MBBS FRACS (PLAS)
Specialised Surgical Procedures
| Cosmetic Surgery
- Breast Surgery: Breast Augmentation, Breast Reduction, Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
- Facial Plastic Surgery: Eyelid rejuvenation (Blepharoplasty), Facelift, Neck Lift, MACS Facelift, Endoscopic and Open Browlift
After completing his training in Reconstructive and Cosmetic Plastic Surgery in Perth and Brisbane, Mark undertook further training in the United Kingdom in facial reconstructive and cosmetic surgery. He gained further experience in Cosmetic Breast and Facial Surgery in London before returning to Perth to establish his private practice.
Mark has continued to develop his interest in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the face and breast and has attended numerous courses and conferences, which have concentrated on these fields since commencing his practice in 2005.
Mark holds a Consultant post at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and is a Visiting Medical Officer at Albany Regional and Osborne Park Hospitals. He has operating sessions at St John of God Hospitals in Subiaco and Bunbury and Mount Hospital. He is accredited at Bethesda, Murdoch and Hollywood Hospitals.
Other Professional Activites
- Involved in Charity work including trips to the Philippines as a member and director of the Operation Rainbow Cleft Lip and Palate Surgical Mission.
- Involved with the Rafiki mission, which operates in Tanzania.
- Director of the Western Australian Melanoma Advisory Service (WAMAS), based at St John of God Hospital in Subiaco.
- Actively involved in teaching General Practitioners and medical students surgical techniques and has been regularly asked to lecture junior doctors and residents on Plastic Surgery techniques and principles.
- Surgical mentor for medical students at the University of Western Australia.
- Published in the Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal and the British Journal of Plastic Surgery and has presented papers at international Plastic Surgery meetings.
- Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Western Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Western Australian Hand Surgery Society
- Western Australian Melanoma Advisory Service - Director
- Australian Medical Board